The dangers of lead poisoning from paint have been
But many countries still allow lead-based paint to
be manufactured. It is often used in offices and homes.
Lead from paint dusk or flakes is easily inhaled or
ingested - especially by children.
It is believed millions of youngsters have been
affected. They are most at risk because their bodies are smaller and still
developing. Low level lead poisoning makes children appear inattentive and
Higher levels can result in delayed growth, slow
learning and hearing loss.
Lead poisoning also affects adults. Globally, it
kills around 670,000 people each year.
In Sri Lanka, new rules were brought in after a
study found that many paints contained dangerously high levels of the
substance. for more info please click on below link.