You are at Toxics Alert > News > NGT fines 4 railway stations over waste management
Toxics Alert, an environment news bulletin from toxics link Toxics Link
Issue 81
October , 2017
View issue number:
  Home  |  Editorial  |  Feature  |  Interview  |  News  |  Policy  |  Updates  |  Reports / International News  |  Partner

* NEWS

NGT fines 4 railway stations over waste management

Source: The Hindu, New Delhi, Date: October , 2017

Source: The Hindu, New Delhi, Oct 24, 2017:- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Monday slapped a fine of ₹1 lakh each on four railway stations in the Capital for not complying with solid waste management rules. Heavy penalties were levied on Anand Vihar railway station, Vivek Vihar railway station, Shakur Basti railway station and Shahdara railway station after the green panel noticed that they failed to treat the sewage in accordance with the rules. A Bench headed by NGT chairperson Swatanter Kumar directed the stations to deposit 75% of the fine with the Delhi Pollution Control Board and the remaining 25% with the Central Pollution Control Board. Meanwhile, the railways will file a review petition against the NGT order, an official said.

Read More: http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Delhi/ngt-fines-4-railway-stations-over-waste-management/article19908550.ece

EDITORIAL  • FEATURE  • INTERVIEW  • NEWS  • POLICY  • UPDATES  • REPORTS / INTERNATIONAL NEWS  • PARTNERS