No Chinese crackers will go off in Delhi this season: AAP Government
Source: Indian Express, Date: , 2016
The Delhi government on Friday resolved to
ensure foolproof implementation of the ban on Chinese firecrackers this festive
season admitting their sale and use continued in the city despite restrictions.
Kapil Mishra, soon after taking interim charge of the environment department,
directed its Secretary to devise a plan and issue an advisory in this regard.
Minister Imran Hussain is on Haj pilgrimage. "Have instructed the
Secretary of Environment to ensure a complete ban on Chinese crackers across
Delhi. The Chinese firecrackers are said to be unsafe, hazardous to use and
have detrimental effects on people's health. Last year's experience says it is
in use and available everywhere," Mishra said in a series of tweets.